Wednesday 17 February 2010

Brit Awards 2010...What a shambles...




An amateur school performance…those are the words which spring to mind for the Brit Awards. What a disappointing show, it lacked talent and class and real musicians. Instead, viewers were treated to a two hour circus show of singers who couldn’t even manage to sing live, Peter Kay, the presenter who looked like he was trying to hold the show together and really didn’t look like he wanted to be there and a string of lame jokes where watching tumbleweed roll across the stage would have been much more entertaining.


Stop me if I’m wrong, but I thought the Brits were all about celebrating the crème de la crème of British music? When I switched over to ITV, I certainly didn’t expect to watch a poorly organised and edited show starring a batch of reject guests…Spice Girls…(well two of them) and Sam Fox. Then to see Jonathon Ross walk on stage in a ghetto-esq outfit was just too much and I actually felt embarrassed for him. What a desperate attempt to entertain. The cherry on the cake was watching Cheryl Cole mime…she couldn’t even manage to do that properly. Why people think she can actually sing and see her as a role model is beyond me. Then Robbie Williams just looked like a drunken uncle at a wedding.
In my opinion, the only worthy singer to actually deserved all three of her awards was Lady Gaga. She sang live and sentimentally dedicated her performance to the late Alexander McQueen. I actually felt insulted for Lady Gaga when Geri and Sam Fox said that they would have preferred for her to sing something which they recognised…how narrow-minded for a “musician” to say. I’m sorry Geri…are all artists supposed to play the same songs over and over again?! As for “Kula Shaker where are you now?!” Well, to that, I say, “Spice Girls where are YOU now?!”

I don’t think the Brits are about real musicians with actual talent anymore. From last night’s debacle, it’s turned into a freak show for deflated egos. What a shambles.

All I know is that I will never get those two hours back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment