Tuesday 30 March 2010

OMG it’s been 4 years since graduation!



I STEPPED BACK in time over the weekend in Nottingham, the vibrant and eclectic City where I studied and lived in for three years. As the train drew closer to the platform I could feel my heart beat skip a few beats. I suddenly felt like I was a student again, equipped with my bag of food supplies and my little pink suitcase of freshly washed clothes from my weekend at home. I felt excited and nervous to be back in the City where I learnt how to be independent, made friends for life, partied (a lot) and of course, studied my dream course-broadcast journalism. Walking through the City centre I couldn’t help but glance around, thinking to myself, “Hmm that would make a good news package,” but then I had to snap myself out of the student mentality of where the next assignment was going to come from.

When the sun went down, the drinks came out. It was a re-union night for ex-Nottingham Trent students so luckily there weren’t any little fresher’s invading the night. As we tottered towards the student union, we immediately felt like we had no worries in the world. The bar was the first stop! I’d almost forgotten how cheap and cheerful student nights were!

Going back for the weekend made me realise how much of a different, thorough perspective I now have on life, ambition and the people I meet. We were all once naïve, innocent, excited students living week to week through coursework and partying. I’ve realised that everyone is starting to take their own paths…whether it’s getting hitched and having babies, settling in their careers, moving abroad or just coasting for the time being.
Back to the real world then...






0 comments:

Post a Comment