Tuesday 1 June 2010

De-activate Facebook

I did something crazy last night.

I de-activated my Facebook account.

It was something I had wanted to do for quite a while, just to see what life would be like without constantly informing the Facebook world where I was, what I was doing or when something bizarre or random had just happened. I’ll admit it; this became a habit of mine. In just a few minutes, with a few simple clicks I had detached myself. In a bid to tempt it’s users from leaving, before you hit the deactivate button, it shows you a random selection of your friends who will apparently “miss you” if you leave. Ha! Yeah right.

I have never felt so liberated. I’m free!

So...no more constant status updates whilst exploring the lives of others to fill the voids in my day. Now what?

I suppose I better use my time productively now.


Funnily enough, five minutes after I’d escaped from Facebook, I had the urge to update my status about how free I felt from people bragging on Facebook whilst fulfilling their ego.

Hmm... I wonder what everyone’s up to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment